Friday, December 19, 2008

Just Breathe...

This week has been a very frustrating one in Munchkinland. Munchkin is sick once again. It has been a very frustrating fall with hacking coughs and ear infection.

On Monday, Munchkin went to the Dr. for his 18 month check up. He was also sick, having gotten progressively worse over the weekend with runny nose and deep, hacky cough. Dr. sent us home with a nebulizer meds for breathing treatments. To say the least this has been a frustrating experience for Mommy, Daddy and the Munchkin. Have you ever tried to wrestle an octopus. We have. I never knew the boy had so many arms, hands, legs and feet. With both of us holding him down, at times we still couldn't get the mask over his face. I'm sure you are thinking, come on now, he is 18months old and only weighs 29 lbs., how hard can it be? Well, let me tell you it is hard. We all end up crying. I know he will never remember it, but I do. I feel like the meanest Mommy in the whole wide world. And no matter how many times you lovingly stroke his head and tell him it is for his own good, all he knows is that you are holding him down against his will and putting what he believes is a torture device over his face. Not fun times!

Today we are headed for my Mom's house. We are all excited to be going home for Christmas. Now living in a big city, people around here just can't believe that I want to go to my hometown, or that I keep up with people from my hometown. Why can't they get it. I've known these hometown people my entire life! They are just about as much my family as my family is. Believe me, I would never trade having grown up in a small town for anything in the world. You get a sense of belonging when you grow up in a small town, people know and care about you. You never hear about anyone being found dead in their house after 3 years in a small town! Things like that only happen in the "city". This week in a meeting I mentioned something I had read in my hometown newspaper. One lady I work with was flabbergasted, she just couldn't believe that I would read my hometown newspaper. She asked why I would want to do that, that it would never dawn on her to read her hometown newspaper. Well, let's see, she grew up in a city of 1 million + people, where she lives right now. Gee, I read her hometown newspaper too!

I may not post much next week, because of traveling and Christmas, but I'll be sure and post about the Munchkin's Christmas afterwards! Hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: