Monday, February 16, 2009

Oh the world we live in today...

...is very different than the one in which we grew up. Saturday was Valentine's Day. A beautiful day we were able to spend it as a family and even able to grill out some nice steaks and sit down as a family at the table all together.

For the Munchkin Man I bought him a really cute stuffed teddy bear, cuddly and snuggly. It was beige and had a valentine's ribbon tied around his neck. Right where our heart would be located on the bear, was attached two stuffed hearts, that said I love you on them. We give the Munchkin his valentine's gift and he grabs it, looks at and tries to punch the two hearts. He repeatedly punches the hearts over and over again. Then proceeds to throw the bear in the floor, never to be touched again.

This child is growing up in a totally different world than I did. He expected the bear to make some kind of noise, sing, dance, something?!? Does he not see the joy in just snuggling a teddy bear? Oh the expectations of a 20 month old! I really find it kind of hilarious. About the only thing that I ever had that made noises was my Mrs. Beasley doll and then only if you pulled the string. That reminds me, about 8 or 9 years ago a friend wanted me to try to find a Mrs. Beasley doll on e-bay for him to give his wife for Christmas (I still have mine!). Do you know those things were selling anywhere from $600-$1000. If this recession keeps up, I might have to sell mine, or maybe I could just sell a Valentine's Bear!

No comments: